Sunday, October 17, 2010

Paper Wings


Time for a new entry.  These are my most recent projects for
Paper Wings, using the Jack & Jill line, by Prima. I absolutely
love the softness of these papers...perfect for my sweet photos.

      I made the flowers, for the layout, with scallop punches and
a template.  I spritzed the flowers with water and crumpled them,
letting them dry.  Then, I added glitter and brads to finish them.


     The "family tree" is made out
of beading wire, then wrapped in embroidery floss, using a technique borrowed from shisha embroidery.  I decoupaged the flower pot and aged it with stain.  Frames are made with the same scallop punches and attached with jump rings.  I'll be doing a class for this project, at the store, so check in at www.paperwingsnj.com to view class schedules.  They should be posted soon.
     What I really like about
this project, is that it can be
adapted into a gratitude tree
for Thanksgiving, substituting
journaling blocks for the photos,
or it could easily be used with a
Christmas theme, adding some
ornaments or snowflakes.  For
Valentine's Day, it could hold
little love notes. 
     I'll be adding more soon,
so keep checking back for
more projects.  Hopefully,
after the holidays, I will also
be updating the look and
features of this blog.  I'll
keep you posted.
     Until then, enjoy the
beautiful fall weather!

1 comment:

  1. Audrey, glad to see you blogging :) I saw your layouts at the crop we did this weekend, and they are absolutely amazing! They received many compliments from the other scrapbookers too! and your family tree project is wonderful, so creative!
    Hope I will see you soon! I miss being at the store too :)

    ReplyDelete