Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summertime

  I just finished my entry for the August My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge, "Summertime."  This was a fun sketch to work with...pretty basic but with a lot of possibilities.  I couldn't make up my mind, so I did two layouts based on the sketch.  Part of the challenge was to use a long title, as well.  The first layout, "Get down, boogie oogie oogie!" uses papers from the Kaleidescope, Bohemian and Breaking Free paper lines.  The second layout, "Oh so happy to have you in my life," uses papers from Dreamy 2, Breaking Free, Tres Jolie, Abbey Road, Penny Lane and Quite Contrary.  This sketch is so versatile that I may use it for the opposing pages, as well.  It will be fun to play around with it at different angles and see what happens!

 Now, I really need to get caught up around here and get ready for the new school year, though I hate to admit that summer is, all too quickly, drawing to a close.  I loved reminiscing about summers past while working on these layouts.  Soon, summer 2010 will be but another memory.

1 comment: